Dundalk Branch: 042-9359000
Navan Branch: 046-9021855
Monaghan Branch: 047-64998

Buildings Insurance

From an insurance perspective the term “buildings” includes your home, its fixtures and fittings, interior decorations, swimming pools, fuel, septic and service tanks, terraces, patios, decks, paths, driveways, tennis courts, walls, fences and gates for which you are legally responsible, all within the boundary of your home.

We insure the buildings against damage by the following causes:

  • Fire, Explosion, Lightening, Earthquake
  • Smoke
  • Escape of water or oil from any fixed water or heating installation or domestic appliance
  • Impact involving an aircraft, aerial device or anything falling from them, or bay a vehicle, train or animal
  • Falling trees or branches
  • Falling aerials, satellite aerials, their fittings or masts
  • Riot, civil commotion, strike, or political disturbance
  • Malicious persons or vandals
  • Storm or Flood
  • Subsidence or Heave of the site beneath the buildings or landslip

The policy will also provide you with alternative accommodation if your home is uninhabitable. Be sure to not simply opt for the cheapest building insurance quote available and think about your needs.

For property owners, building insurance is crucial, as it is for all homeowners. For tenants, building insurance is usually covered by the property owner and only contents insurance needs to be considered.

Why do I need Home Insurance?

It is where you live and where your possessions are. Chances are it is your greatest asset. Nevertheless, more than possessions and assets, it is your home…and you need to protect it.

Property Insurance helps provide peace of mind when:

  • Bad things happen. Simply put, house insurance provides a safety net for you and your family when certain unfortunate events happen like theft, fire, burglary and vandalism…You need liability and guest medical protection too. For example, if your neighbour slips and falls in your kitchen, you will need the liability cover provided by your home insurance policy in the event of a claim.
  • You need to replace, repair or rebuild. If your home were destroyed by fire today, you would need the financial resources to replace or repair it.
  • Your lender requires it. When you buy your house, you will need to provide your policy "in hand" at your closing. If you are building a new home, you may need to have special coverage while your new home is under construction.
  • • You have special items. Protect more than your home; protect special items such as jewellery, paintings, business property, cameras, mobile phones, golf clubs, bicycles and more with extended coverage options.