Using BeSmart.ie for Safety Statements and more
The steps to follow:
- Register for your free confidential account at BeSMART.ie
- Select your business type.
- Work through the applicable risk assessments for your business type and identify what controls are in place. Where controls are not in place but are required, an action list of controls will be developed to be put in place.
- Download your safety statement - including your risk assessments and action list.
- Review and update the safety statement template and make it site specific to the requirements of the job.
- Bring the safety statement / risk assessments to the attention of your employees or the Project Supervisor or indeed client (where applicable).
- Make sure you update your safety statement / risk assessments when the location, tasks or activity changes or when new hazards are introduced.
The safety statement template that you download contains two parts:
Part A of the Safety Statement...
Includes your policy document, safety arrangements and site-specific information which will help in managing day-to-day safety requirements on site. The following is a list of some of the templates available in the Safety Statement:
- Method Statement Template
- Registers e.g. Induction, PPE, Training
- Accident Investigation Forms
Part B of the Safety Statement...
Will include your completed risk assessments which you will develop using BeSmart.ie On completion of these, Users will then be able to download their Safety Statement in either RTF (Rich Text Format) or PDF. We recommend using the RTF option as you can edit this version.
Once a registered user, accessing the 'BeSmart.ie' Managment Screen, will help guide you through:
- Completing your own risk assessments.
- Managing resulting actions lists.
- Browsing hazards for speciifc assessment.
Click here for more details on the BeSmart Learn more page. Their excellent 'How to use BeSmart.ie' video, at just over three minutes, is a great summary of what you need to do and how to do it.