Count on O’Callaghan Insurances for your Home Insurance
Whether you're at home or away on holidays, you can depend on a home insurance policy from O’Callaghan Insurances to help protect your biggest asset, your belongings and personal liability.
- Click above for a fast home insurance quote today.
- Get Quotes from 9 top insurance companies in Ireland.
- You do not have to insure your home with your mortgage provider.
- You could save a substantial amount on home insurance by comparison shopping here.
What is covered by home insurance
Property Protection pays for the repair or replacement of your home or personal property if it is damaged or destroyed and the replacement of any stolen property.
Keep in mind that some policies do not cover damage caused by flood.
Your home insurance policy protects you against loss from the most widely feared of all hazards - fire. It also covers a wide range of weather related damage including lightning and storms as well as losses resulting from other natural causes. Your policy protects against the following losses:
- Fire damage to your home
- Damage caused by the water and/or foam used to extinguish the fire
- Fire damage to trees, shrubs, plants, lawn or boundary walls and fences
- Smoke damage
- Falling trees
- Damage due to weight of ice or snow
Home insurance can help repair your house and freestanding structures (garage, tool shed, etc.) if damaged is caused by lightning, storms, hail, vandalism, vehicles, or fire. It can also help pay for alternative accommodation for you and your family while repairs are in progress.
Damage to your home or its contents could result from equipment failures, electrical problems, falling objects, vehicles, structural collapse, or any number of other causes. Your policy protects you against many of these losses including:
- Frozen pipes or heating system
- Bursting of pipes or heating system
- Explosion of a boiler
- Hot water system rupture or burning
- Damage to appliances caused by a surge in electricity
- Glass and window breakage
- Falling objects
- Damage by vehicles
- Collapse of roof or walls
No neighbourhood is safe from crime these days. Whether you have an alarm system or not, it is reassuring to know that your home insurance policy is there to protect you against loss from theft, burglary, robbery, and other crime related causes. Your policy also covers losses from:
- Vandalism and malicious mischief
- Credit card theft or loss
- Riot, civil commotion, and looting
If your property is stolen in a home burglary or damaged in a fire, home insurance can help reimburse you for the cost to replace it. If you choose All Risks Cover on your contents, this cover applies away from home, too (say, if your laptop is stolen from your car).
If guests are injured on your property, home insurance helps protect you from paying their medical bills. It can also help cover injuries you cause away from home (as long as they're accidental).
Cost of Home Insurance
Considering the potential cost of replacing all your valuables or even your entire house, buying home insurance is always a wise investment.
Home insurance rates vary depending on some of these main factors:
- The age of your house
- Your address – particularly whether you are in a flood zone
- Your claims history
- Your sums insured
Discounts on your home insurance policy
You can often get savings and discounts just for having common-sense items like deadbolt locks and smoke alarms.
Here are a few other discounts that may apply to you:
- Alarm System connected or not connected to central station
- Smoke Detectors
- Over 50s Discount
- No Claims Bonus
- Multi-Policy discount
Home insurance contact info
If you have questions about home insurance, Call us or start a quote using the link above
Why you can rely on O’Callaghan Insurances
We are proud to say we were established in 1962 by Leo O’Callaghan. The business now employs 50 people across 4 branches and is run by Caeva O’Callaghan. Each policy includes 24/7 customer service that you can count on 365 days a year, as well as payment by installment options and car insurance discounts built in to save you money. When you need us most, you can count on O’Callaghan Insurances to be there.