Our policy includes professional indemnity for pharmacists, nurses and beauticians. Our professional indemnity also covers all unintended breaches of professional duty including incorrect advice given and failure to give advice if appropriate, dispensing risk, products liability cover as well as all of the normal covers expected under a retail insurance policy.
All covers are combined under one policy which means that you, the business owner, only have to review and renew all of his or her insurances once per year. AIG is the underwriter for the retail business and beauty professional indemnity and NPA Insurance Ltd. underwrites the pharmacist and nursing professional indemnity and dispensing risk. With the exit of one of Ireland’s market leading insurers from this market, the launch of Pharmasure is welcome and timely.
We Promise to:
- Provide Pharmacies with the right cover for each pharmacy at a competitive price
- Deliver a written quotation within 24 hours of receiving a request for quote
- Visit each Pharmacy once business is agreed
- To provide direct dials and mobile numbers of 3 experienced staff members to deal with queries and quotations
- Deal with claims efficiently and keep the business owner up-to-date with any liability or professional indemnity claims as they arise
- I, as business owner, will be available at any time to answer questions or deal with any unforeseen problems that may arise. My mobile number is 086 220 2661
AIG is the fourth largest insurance company in the world and has an office here in Ireland. We have been dealing with AIG for decades and are more than happy to recommend them as the main insurer for Irish Pharmacies.
NPA Insurance Ltd. is owned by the NPA (National Pharmacy Association UK) and was set up and designed specifically to meet the needs of Pharmacists. It is regulated by the Financial Services Authority in the UK and is licensed to provide cover to Irish Pharmacists by the Central Bank of Ireland. We are very pleased to be able to provide this Professional Indemnity cover to Pharmacies in Ireland. It is best in class.
DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Ltd. is the leading provider of Legal Expenses Insurance in Europe.
A note on Professional Indemnity Claims:
It will be very reassuring for Pharmacy Owners to note that our policy is written on a claims notified basis. To illustrate, you incept your policy today. Next week you are notified of a possible professional indemnity or dispensing risk claim. The claim will be dealt with by us and your new insurer, NPA Insurance Ltd. There is absolutely no question about this – the indemnity and cover starts with NPA Insurance as soon as the policy is incepted.
A note on Nurses:
The following activities are all included as standard. If your nurse engages in additional activities and does not have her own PI, please let us know so that we can note your policy accordingly.
- Taking patient histories/screening
- Administering vaccinations
- Taking blood
- Taking blood pressure
- Giving advice
Legal Expenses Insurance
- Legal representation and compensation awards for employment disputes
- €150,000 Cover per incident
- Cost of €295 for an annual wageroll of up to €500,000